Monday, August 01, 2005

I hate DoTA. At least, I hate playing against experts / addicts in our shop.

It's like feeding them. Make that it's like spoon-feeding them.

I almost seem to always go for the underpowered, underdog characters. Thus, resulting in constant ownage of my in-game ass.

If I play the game for fun, and end up getting trounced every single fucking time, should I quit?

I figure it's like Magic: The Gathering, or MechWarrior - he who has the better equipment wins, especially if the said pieces of equipment are no brainers. I mean, it's not hard to lose when you're behind a Red&Green Fires of Yavimaya+Fading deck, or when you're fielding One-Eyed Jack's Jupiter. It would take total noobs to lose using those.

In contrast, I play with no-name red and green cards that have never made it to tournaments. I field BattleMechs that can't perform charging attacks without melting down 33% of the time, and when they don't melt and hit the target, the accuracy is shot to hell. I have fielded such in a tournament, and did horribly. After all, the most expensive piece of my army was only around 1200 pesos - my opponents were fielding more. They were literally playing with tuition fees on a 3' x 3' table.

Should I quit?

Maybe I would quit, but not entirely. I'd probably play the next time a new DoTA hero comes out. Much like in the way I try to keep up with the latest trends in the collectible games that I've played, a few innocent years back.

Or maybe I should stop playing against people better than me. I could take noobs to school - they're the only ones I probably can.

No comments: