Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rise of The Eldrazi Frontline Report AKA Punching Out Cthulu's Cousins

"Sortie Hand of Emrakul!"
"Hand of Emrakul is away! It's engaged by the enemy Architect of Kozilek! Our monster is down, sir!"
"FLAME SLASH! Target: Architect of Kozilek!" WHOOSH! CRASH-THUD!
"Enemy AOK destroyed! Only the Ulamog's Crusher is left!"
"Enchant Ogre Sentry with Boar Aura! We will block the Crusher on its next attack, and mark my words it will attack! End turn!"
"Enemy Crusher is on the attack, sir!"
"Sacrifice the Eldrazi Spawn and a forest! Send the Ogre in!"
"No good sir! We have a 6/6, the enemy is an 8/8! Our Ogre is down, but alive, thanks to the Totem Armor!"
"Now, Staggershock, targeting the damaged Crusher!"
ZAP!
"Enemy Crusher is destroyed! Enemy wizard is ending his turn, sir!"
"Alright, time for a counter-attack!"

No, the above wasn't a weird, alternate world episode of Evangelion, Godannar, or some other Mecha show. Actually I'm not so sure about the alternate Evangelion bit, now that I think of it... Heh. It's actually how the Rise of the Eldrazi pre-release tournament felt like. For five or so hours I faced down eldritch abomination after eldritch abomination, and I walked away from it all with a 3-1 record and 3 extra Rise of the Eldrazi boosters.

I'll post my decklist later, when the mood hits me.

1 comment:

Jonette said...

Yay! go for it, hon! Can't wait to read your blow-by-blow analysis of your Eldrazi deck. :)