Sunday, September 19, 2004

It's Saturday again. Which means that I'm imprisoned once more in our PC rental shop, trying not to go psychotic as I deal with a neurotic Epson Stylus Color printer and electronic escape junkies. Doing absoultely 0% work on my thesis, as a result.

Today is a cloudy day. I just checked the window after hearing a boom of thunder - there goes another one. Sigh.

If I told my mother that I hated watching the shop, she'll probably banish me from it until it closes down. It's not the watching per se that I detest, but the people.

Topping my list are those gaming addicts that don't even bother letting you know that they're gonna sit down and escape for a few minutes (or hours) from reality. Whenever this happens, I just glare at them, but when they make it so that they slip in behind a console while I'm dealing with the neurotic Epson, I lose it and let loose some some of my frustration.

Next on my list are those kids that I hear for the whole school week don't go to their classes and spend their allowances on us instead. Now, that may sound hypocritical, seeing as they're giving us they're money instead of those evil school canteens that make evil food, (food that doesn't taste good, or tastes good but still leaves you hungry after finishing it) but I really want to ask them point-blank: Hindi ka pa ba nagsasawa? Araw-araw na may pasok na ginawa ng Diyos nandito ka, tapos ngayon andito ka na naman? (Every God-forsaken school day, you're here, and now, Saturday, you're here again?)

Following a close third are those kids that like to aim the industrial fans steady at themselves and not let the fans sweep the room. I'm like, "Did you learn nothing from kindergarten, or first grade?" Those kids tick me off.

I take a good look out the window - what the heck, it's sunny again! It's hot as blazes, it's humid, clouds cover the skies in the distance, but the sun is shining! I'll go take another look.

(Leaves computer to peer out the window.)

(Returns to computer to write some more.)

It's your typical 2:30 afternoon in Quezon City - hot, sunny, bright. No more thunderclaps and dark clouds in the vicinity. As I type, a small break in my skin (courtesy of punching the side of the Epson) sends out little stingers of pain. It's not bleeding anymore.

No comments: